Mathworks have an article about interfacing on their home page:
If you have a recent version of Matlab, you will only have to configure Matlab to use the JAI driver in C:\Program Files\JAI\SDK\bin.
The JAI SDK can be downloaded here: https://www.jai.com/support-software/jai-software
Make sure to use the JAI SDK, not the eBUS SDK with this guide.
We have received the following steps from some of our customers using Matlab 2012b:
1. Add "C:\Program Files\JAI\SDK\bin" to Matlab path.
2. Add environment variable GENICAM_GENTL32_PATH or GENICAM_GENTL64_PATH depending if your system is 32 or 64 bit, and set its value to "C:\Program Files\JAI\SDK\bin". The path can be added like this:
- From Start -> Run (or "Windows key"+"R"), execute "sysdm.cpl". This will open the System Properties dialog.
- From the "advanced" tab, click the "Environment Variables" button. This will open the dialog, where you can enter the system variable.
3. Restart Matlab and it works!
(assuming JAI SDK is installed in "C:\Program Files")